Want something that the kids will eat up at school during lunch and not toss? Make our Easy Healthy Granola Bars part of your morning lunch-pack routine. It’s never been easier to offer grab and go nutritious snacks for your family.
Our granola bar recipe is packed with nutritious Mochi Barley which will boost your fiber intake and keep them full and satisfied. This recipe is a great foundation for you to alter to you or your family’s liking simply by adding some extra mix- ins, like banana chips, shredded coconut or more nuts, the possibilities are endless.
Makes: 10 bars
- 1 cup cooked Mochi Barley Pearled Barley
- 1 heaping cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a food processor pulse the dates for about 1 minute. It should form a ball, almost cookie dough like consistancy.
- Place Mochi Barley, oats, almonds and dates in a mixing bowl.
- In a small sauce pan place the agave syrup and peanut butter together and heat up over low heat. Once it’s melted and mixed together pour over barley mixture and combine.
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick spray and press the mixture firmly into the dish until flat and even.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow it to firm up in your fridge for 12-24 hours.
- Serve! Remove them and cut them into any shape you want and enjoy this healthy and simple snack.
*Kitchen Tip* Wrap them into individual portions for your kids or family members to grab and go.
HEY!: If you’re not using quick-cooking Mochi Barley, the #1 japanese pearled barley brand in Japan you are missing out. Mochi Barley only takes 15 minutes to cook in boiling water versus 60 for other barley brands.
GREAT TIP: You can save some time in the kitchen by soaking your grains a day before. That makes working with traditional pearled barley SO much easier when considering that NOBODY has time to wait 60 minutes in the kitchen anymore.
Then again, if you have a day to soak your grains, you might as well just order up some today!