Make some instant ramen. Slide an egg into the hot broth, then some butter. Crown the steaming noodles with slices of American cheese. Scatter a bunch of toasted sesame seeds and chopped scallions across the top, if you want to. Hardly a recipe! But..it’s straight-from-the-bag soul food. The butter, egg and cheese help coat the ramen noodles and deepen their flavor. It’s our snack, it’s our peanut butter and jelly sandwich, it’s our bowl of cereal. Just pure comfort.
- 1 pack hakubaku ramen noodles with flavor packet
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon butter
- 2 slices American cheese
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ scallion, green part only, thinly sliced on the bias, optiona
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Add the flavor packet, stir, and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully add the egg. Do not stir; pull the noodles over the egg and let sit for one minute to poach.
- Carefully transfer everything to a serving bowl, add the butter, cheese and sesame seeds and mix. Garnish with the scallions if desired.
Hakubaku Resturant fresh ramen will make the perfect bowl of ramen no matter what you put on top. We use the finest ingredients and aritsan recipes to create true Japanese ramen bar taste you can enjoy at home.