Our Vegetarian Curry Ramen recipe can be just the ticket for true Indian flavor and chewy ramen noodles. Vegetarian curry ramen only takes about 20 minutes to get this healthy curry ramen noodle dinner on the table! Loaded with fresh veggies and rich curry flavors, you’ll feel good about serving this meal to your family! Curry paste comes from a variety of places (Indian, Thai, Malaysian, Korean, Vietnamese) but the trick is to find a style that best suits your pallate.
Ingredients (makes 1 servings)
- 2 pack fresh ramen noodles from Hakubaku
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 2c Vegetable broth, or diluted with 1c water Shoyu broth packet from your ramen kit
- 1/2c carrots sliced
- 2c peas
- 1/2 c mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic crushed
- ginger to taste (fresh is best)
- fresh lime
- fresh cilantro
- 2 Tsp curry paste (varies by taste, so start with 2 and up curry paste as you go)
- sliced jalapeño (optional)
This vegetarian curry ramen recipe goes pretty quick. So rather than chop as you go, it’s best to have all your veggies sliced and ready before you start making the dish.
- Heat oil over medium heat and cook carrots, peas and mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Then add curry paste, curry powder, garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer, then add ramen noodles and continue simmering for 10 more minutes.
- Finish it off with a squeeze of lime juice and garnish with fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeno.
Why you’re going to love this vegetarian curry ramen:
- It’s SO easy. Fresh veggies, noodles, broth, coconut milk and spices – that’s it! Throw it together and you’ve got a simple yet satisfying 20 minute dinner that your family is going to love!
- It’s healthy comfort food at it’s finest. Is there anything more comforting that a bowl of warm broth and noodles? I think not! And the best part is that this dish is made with wholesome ingredients so you can indulge in it’s cozy deliciousness but know that it will still fill you up and fuel you through your day!
- It’s freakin’ gorgeous! That creamy yellow broth, those long curly noodles, tender sliced veggies and fresh chopped cilantro. Is your mouth watering yet?! Yeah, mine too.
- It’s the perfect date night dinner. This is one of those meals that’s really fun to make with someone else! Open a bottle of wine, chop the veggies together and really slow down and enjoy each other’s company while you cook. You might be surprised how much you enjoy cooking when you try it with your partner (and the wine helps too)!
Tips for making the best ramen noodles:
- Feel free to use whatever veggies are in season to create your own personalized version of this hearty meal. Just keep the amount of veggies the same and your ramen will turn out great every single time!
- This ramen reheats beautifully, but if you’re planning to eat it later make sure you separate the noodles from the broth before refrigerating. If the noodles and broth are stored together, the noodles will soak up all the broth and turn to mush. NO GOOD.
- Some curry pastes can be spicy, so be sure to taste yours and adjust the amount in this recipe accordingly. I usually use Thai Kitchen red curry paste and find that it is very mild so I had the full three tablespoons in this recipe.
recipe: from our friends @midwest.foodie