Asian Spicy and low calorie recipe makes this a hit at mealtime or anytime!
Are you craving food with some Asian flair but trying to avoid the high calories and high sodium that come with take-out meals? We have a delicious asian spicy ground turkey and green bean recipe that has the rich aromatics of garlic, ginger and onions. We make this at home all the time and forget about calorie counting and just enjoy the taste. Pair this meal of mochi barley with a side of pickled veggies or your favorite kimchi to make a fusion meal in about 15 minutes!
- 1 TSBP olive oil
- 1 Onion – diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic – minced
- 1 TBSP of fresh Ginger- Minced
- 1 TSP- Turmeric
- 1/2 cup Tamari
- 2 pounds of Green Beans ends taken off- steamed
- 2 Pounds of Ground Turkey meat
- Sriracha Sauce– optional
- 2 cups cooked Mochi Barley Japanese pearled barley
- Put the oil in a pan and coat evenly.
- Add onions and cook on medium until they are translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and brown.
- In the meantime steam the green beans until tender but not too soft.
5. Once the ground turkey is browned add the minced garlic, turmeric and minced ginger.
6. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the Tamari sauce.
7. At this point you could add some Sriracha Sauce if you wanted to have it spicy.
Serve with your pearl barley.
NOTE: Mochi Barley cooks in only 15 MINUTES! Save some time in the kitchen by soaking your grains a day before. That makes working with traditional pearled barley SO much easier when considering that NOBODY has time to wait 60 minutes in the kitchen anymore. Or, just start cooking it 30 minutes before you start everything else.