Sometimes a little ramen noodle goes a long way. Pancit really has its own history, but, when you have ramen available why not? Historically Pancit and Ramen came over to the islands with Chinese travelers. Always tasty and a family favorite in our house. Hakubaku Ramen or Kaedama noodles cook up pretty quick and serves about 2 people. Or add more noodles to stretch the recipe out a bit..
- 2 packs Hakubaku Ramen or Kaedama noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup boneless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 8 to 10 pieces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- sesame oil
- 1 packet shoyu ramen soup mix
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, cook instant noodles according to package directions. Drain well, reserving about ¼ cup of the liquid. Add seasoning packet and toss to fully coat noodles.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until limp. Add chicken and cook, stirring regularly until lightly browned and cooked through. Add shrimp and cook until color changes to pink.
- Add carrots and broccoli. Add reserved liquid, shoyu soup mix, and continue to cook, stirring regularly, until vegetables are tender yet crisp and liquid is absorbed.
- Add instant noodles and continue to cook, tossing to combine, until just heated through. Lightly drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with fried garlic bits, if desired. Serve hot.