This tasty recipe uses Hakubaku Shoyu Ramen for an unexpected delight! Ramen noodles are a quick sub for the rice, and we really like the crisp-tender bite from fresh broccoli and a package of coleslaw mix.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Hakubaku Shoyu Fresh Ramen | | 2 ramen noodle packs ,9oz.
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil 3 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, bamboo shoots and garlic; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce mixture and pork; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions, discarding or saving seasoning packets for another use.
- Drain noodles; add to pork mixture and toss to combine.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Pork loin is a lean cut that cooks very quickly. To maintain tender meat, be sure not to overcook.
- Make your shoping list even shorter by swapping broccoli slaw for the coleslaw mix and broccoli florets!
- If you don’t care for pork, boneless skinless chicken breasts, beef sirloin steak and cubed tofu are other tasty and lean protein sources.