Get a little taste of Thai street food with this variation on a popular recipe. This is a great vegitarian recipe as it has only noodles and plant-based items. Peanuts supply the proteina and can be a great alternative to PBJ or bread if you like peanut butter. You can add carrots and some chicken if you have to have some more heft to your meal. Otheriwse, this is pretty filling as is.
- Start by cooking your noodles according to the package directions. DO NOT use the seasoning packet that comes with the noodles. Toss it out, you won’t need it for this recipe.
- While the noodles are cooking you will whisk together your super simple sauce. You don’t even need to warm the sauce up for this recipe.
- The sauce consists of creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, and a bit of honey. You will whisk it until it is as smooth as you can get it. If there are a few lumps of peanut butter, that’s ok. The sauce kind of melts and thins out once you put it on the hot noodles.
- Once your noodles have finished cooking, drain them well and toss with the peanut sauce. You will want to add the ramen to the sauce right away while they are hot to ensure the sauce coats the noodles. I find it easiest to toss them with tongs.
- You can serve as is, or top with sliced green onions and crushed peanuts if desired!
- NOTE: These noodles are generally best eaten the same day. I don’t recommend reheating them, however, they are good cold.