Want something simple to make for a nutritious breakfast? Make a Barley Bake!
Something that leaves you thinking wow that was easy, yummy and really good for me? Look no further, this breakfast bake recipe is exactly what you need.
Here is a little secret we eat it as a snack too. This delicious recipe is loaded with healthy fiber to fill you up and get your day started right!
- 3 cups cooked Mochi Barley Japanese pearled barley – COOKS IN 15 MIN!
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup red grapes
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- Set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients then gently fold in the blueberries and dried cherries.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
NOTE: If you’re not using quick-cooking pearled barley like Mochi Barley , but rather, the usual stuff you buy at the store, you’re going to need to add 45 minutes to the cook-time. You could also soak your grains the night before.