For the Salad:
- 8 ounces Mochi Mugi Pearled Barley soba noodles
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Soba Noodles:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook according to the package instructions (usually around 5-6 minutes).
- Drain the noodles and rinse them thoroughly under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Prepare the Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, rice vinegar, honey, soy sauce, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Assemble the Salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked soba noodles, drained chickpeas, diced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and chopped mint.
- Add the Vinaigrette:
- Pour the prepared vinaigrette over the soba noodle mixture in the bowl.
- Toss and Coat:
- Gently toss all the ingredients together, ensuring that the noodles, chickpeas, and vegetables are evenly coated with the vinaigrette.
- Chill and Marinate:
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and develop.
- Give the soba salad a final toss before serving to redistribute the flavors.
- Divide the Soba Salad with Protein-Packed Chickpeas into individual serving plates.
- Serve the soba salad chilled and savor the refreshing combination of textures and flavors.
This Soba Salad with Protein-Packed Chickpeas is a fantastic option for a budget-friendly yet nutrient-rich meal. The combination of soba noodles, chickpeas, fresh vegetables, and the zesty homemade vinaigrette creates a well-balanced and satisfying dish that’s both delicious and nutritious.