We all enjoy the comfort of a Macaroni and Cheese dish.
Cheesy and delicious but truthfully it has very little nutritional value.
What if we told you that you can have the same comfort but with the nutritional value of a superfood?
This Cheesy Bake is sure to make any family member a fan of Mochi Pearled Barley. You can add any vegetable or meat to this dish and make it more of a main meal than a side dish. ** Bonus Buffalo Chicken Bake and Veggie Cheesy Bake can be found here.
- 2 packets Mochi Barley Japanese pearl barley
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cored and chopped jalapeños
- Pre-heat oven to °350
- In medium saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- Add Mochi Barley; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes
- Combine barley, 3 cups shredded cheese, sour cream and chilies in large bowl.
- Spray a deep 9×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour barley mixture pan.
- Sprinkle the extra cup of shredded cheese on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes
Check out this new, TWISTED version!
NOTE: If you’re not using quick-cooking pearled barley, which takes 15 minutes to cook in boiling water vs 60 you could save some time in the kitchen by soaking your grains a day before. That makes working with traditional pearled barley SO much easier when considering that NOBODY has time to wait 60 minutes in the kitchen anymore.