Your NEW favorite Wagyu Beef Wrapped Onigiri and Mochi Barley Recipe. A bowl of prime Wagyu beef and barley is perfect for your next get together to surprise guests, family or just a romantic night in.
Warm and comforting, mochi barley gives you the flavor to backup this marbled beef. So gather your ingredients and jump right into the kitchen.
Hakubaku’s Mochi Mugi is the number one barley brand in Japan*. It pairs well with many kinds of food, and one easy way you can enjoy it is by simply adding it to rice before cooking. Did you know that barley contains four times as much fiber as brown rice**? That is twenty-five times more than white rice! Barley also contains both insoluble and soluble fiber, which work together to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and help improve your overall health. Hakubaku’s Mochi Mugi is a wonderful complement to Wagyu beef, as you will see in the recipe provided. Try Wagyu beef wrapped onigiri using delicious Mochi Mugi barley for a quick and easy meal!
Ingredients (serves 4)
|3 cups rice|
|1 packet Hakubaku Mochi Barley|
|4 servings of thinly sliced wagyu beef for sukiyaki|
|Choice of seasonings (salt, pepper, and/or soy sauce)|
|1 pk shiso leaf for garnish (optional)|
- Prepare rice according to package.
- Before setting rice to cook, add one packet of Mochi Barley and an additional ½ cup of water. Let cook and mix well.
*Note: Be sure to add an additional ½ cup of water for every packet of Mochi Mugi used.
- Roll the rice mixture into bite-sized rice balls.
- Wrap each rice ball with thinly sliced Wagyu beef. Depending on the size of the rice ball, you may use one or two pieces of beef.
- Pan fry the wrapped rice balls until the beef turns brown.
- Season the rice balls with your choice of salt, pepper, and/or soy sauce.
- Place each rice ball on a shiso leaf and serve!