Ramen Noodle Summer Salad recipe is a 10-minute quick and easy dish. The colors and flavor remind us of summer picnics and the beach. Hakubaku Ramen Noodle Salad with chicken, green onions, carrots, toasted almonds, in a quick, easy vinaigrette is a healthy, easy, lunch option served cold or warm.
VEGAN TIP : Replace firm tofu for the chicken, and pan fry ahead of time if you want it chilled.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red peppers (crushed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bunch scallions (finely sliced, greens only)
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (with carrots and red cabbage)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- Cook the ramen noodles a minute shy of the directions on the package and immediately toss with the sesame vinaigrette.
- Add in the chicken, onions, carrots and toasted almond.
- Then add in the last bit of the rice vinegar and sesame oil dressing.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
Since this ramen salad is best served cold or at room temperature, it is perfect for lunches. You can serve with vegetable potstickers (we are suckers for this one from Trader Joe’s), steamed vegetables like broccoli and carrots and even a small side of peanut satay sauce or spicy soy dipping sauce.