This tasty recipe uses Hakubaku Salt-free Soba for an unexpected delight in this Grilled Chicken Soba Stirfry! Soba noodles are a quick substitute for the rice, and we really like the crisp-tender bite from fresh broccoli and a package of coleslaw mix. Soba noodles contain a mix of wheat and buckwheat for more protein in this dish than is typical. Soba also offers a tasty chew to the dish and flavor.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Hakubaku Salt-free Premium Soba
Directions: Grilled Chicken Soba Stirfry
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry broccoli in remaining oil 3 minutes. Add coleslaw mix, bamboo shoots and garlic; stir-fry 3-4 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce mixture and pork; heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles (about 4min) according to package directions
- Drain noodles; add to pork mixture and toss to combine.
Test Kitchen Tips
- To maintain tender meat, be sure not to overcook.
- Make your shopping list even shorter by swapping broccoli slaw for the coleslaw mix and broccoli florets!
- If you don’t care for chicken, boneless skinless pork chops, beef sirloin steak and cubed tofu are other tasty and lean protein sources.